Child Vision Therapy
If your child has any of the following, vision therapy can significantly change his or her life for the better.
- Skipping words or lines while reading
- Still not reading at grade level
- Confusing the letters b, d, p and q
- Rubbing eyes or closing one eye when reading or doing near work
- Holding books too closely or tilting head when reading
- Eyestrain or headaches with schoolwork or computer use
- Difficulty with reading comprehension
- Blurred or double vision when reading
- Avoiding homework
- Poor attention span
- Fidgeting and squirming in the chair
What is vision therapy?
Vision therapy is a collection of special exercises and activities that can strengthen the eye to improve its function and your vision. For children, the aim is to correct vision problems while reducing the need for eyeglasses. Vision therapy is extremely customizable and is designed to best fit the needs of each patient. Your child may need to come in for a few consultations in order to determine which activities would be most beneficial for them!
Vision therapy is an evidence-based program that can effectively strengthen the specific vision skills impacting your child. It has been clinically proven to increase reading levels, enhance comprehension, maintain longer attention spans and even improve sports performance.
If your child has been diagnosed with a reading or learning difficulty or isn’t reaching their potential at school or at extracurriculars, schedule an appointment with Dr. Jocelyn Leung for a comprehensive pediatric eye exam! If we identify any vulnerable areas in their visual system that could interfere with reading and learning, we will develop an effective individually-tailored vision therapy regimen made to improve and strengthen their visual functions.
Vision therapy might be the solution you and your child have been looking for. Talk to us! We’ll help your child maximize their visual skills and resolve any underlying conditions.